NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Abby's talkink in front of me

AbbysDaddy

Well my bird is now talking in-front of me and Im ecstatic. I love it and got so excited when she said hello while I was playing my video game. I got up and ran to the fridge to get her a treat and praise her as much as I could but got no more words out of her. All I had to give at the time was Millet any other ideas on what to give her aside from praise and treats. I know all CAGS are different but I want her to be a talking fool and I know I should be lucky considering all she has been threw before I got her and I have only had her in my Apt. for about 2 weeks. What have some people in here done to their older birds to show that we like them talking?

Watching your reaction and getting your attention from her "rival" was probably exciting to her. She is still testing her new home and isn't sure of herself. When she sees how you praise her and are filled with joy at her noises and talking, she will surely reward you rather than the other way around. You are making such great progess in a short time, thanks so much for sharing your excitement with us. Happiness is contagious!

Congratulations on your Grey feeling comfortable enough to speak. :-)

Most times no reward is needed, other than what they are asking for. Namely saying "Hello" is either a greeting or letting you know they would like your attention.

Sometimes however, they will just run down a list of words and sounds to hear themselves speak and calibrate. :P

Good treats they mostly love, are grapes, apples, pine nuts (as Luvparrots mentioned) almonds, walnuts etc.

AbbysDaddy wrote:

Well its been almost a week now since I have heard Abby talk ... my wife hears her talk all the time when I am not in the room or at work ....:angry: :huh: :dry:

Lol - patience JR!! :laugh: She'll come round. Alfie loves pine nuts too. Does Abby?