NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Movies

JillyBeanz

Everyone has a favourite movie. Some are famous, some aren't so. I'm interested in movies and have seen hundreds and hundreds.

I'm interested in what your favourite is, who were the stars - and whether the next poster has seen YOUR favourite movie. Two karmas for each response (well, everyone else is using bribery - why not me!!!).

I'll start:

By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Doris Day and Gordon McCrae.

Hold on you three! I asked for your FAVOURITE film - not your back catalogue! Therefore, from this I derive that Judy's favourite film is the Burbs, Bernie's is True Grit and Janet's is Legends of the Fall! So chaps - you can have your two karmas for your ONE favourite film!!

Come on everyone - there must be more than these three watch films!

Sorry, totally impossible to limit to one. I'm also a big fan of "The Shining". Other favourites:

"The Commitments" (no one I've seen before or since)

"The Hunt for Red October" (Sean Connery)

"The Party" (Peter Sellers)

"Arsenic and Old Lace" (Cary Grant, Peter Lorre, dir Frank Capra)

"As Good as it Gets" (Jack Nicolson, Helen Hunt)

"Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" (Gary Oldman, Tim Roth, Richard Dreyfuss)

"What the Bleep do We Know!?" (Marlee Matlin)

"Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" (Neil Patrick Harris)

"Ocean's Eleven" (Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra)

"Blade" Wesley Snipes

The "X-Men" Franchise (Patrick Stewart is yummy:))

Those are the ones that come to mind today. Tommorow the list might be different. I'm kind of schizophrenic when it comes to movies:P

Hmm - too many to mention also, but I think my overall favourite that I could sit down and watch anytime is Calamity Jane - always wanted to play the part but the closest I've come is Katie Brown!!

Seen all these others too (apart from August Rush - now on my list!) and I love Scent of a woman, silvery moon, and right turn Clyde!!

• 2 weeks later...