NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bells Bells Bells!

Yoshi loves bells, loves the sound of them, and is happiest with a toy with lots of bells... but she also loves pulling the inside metal piece out, destroying the bell, and then she discards the entire toy as if it isn't interesting anymore without a ringing bell!

My question is do any of you guys have fids that destroy their bells, and have gotten a 'better' bell? I've briefly heard of cowbells... don't know where I'd get one though...

I found this online:

http://www.theperchstore.net/lubitoinsm.html

Lame or do you think Yoshi would like it?

Yes, Dayo destroyed several bells until I started purchasing large bells that he could not get the clanger out of. You can find them round and square in pert stores and online.

The link you provided is a good bell as well, but maybe not as fun, not sure I never tried one like that.

They do love to bat the hell out of them!! :-)

Abby destroys her bells too ... I think just about every Grey does but its worth it they are cheep as hell right now just got buy some clearance Xmas bells you should be a bell to find packs of 6 or 8 something like that at Wal-Mart for a dollar at that price she can destroy them all day long lol.!!!!! I placed two of them under her swing she gets on to sleep at night but they are just too far out of reach to get to from any where in her cage except for from on the swing. At first she thought it was too wobbly and didn't want any thing to do with it now she is stretching as far as she can and climbing all over her cage to be able to get to them and take the ringer out lol.

crossfit wrote:

Cowbells are often used in percussion music so you might look at drum stores.

Also, I heard that the xmas jingle bells (the little round ones) are bad for parrots since the little slits are places the birds can get there beaks stuck. Is this wrong?

I was wondering about that myself?

crossfit wrote:

Also, I heard that the xmas jingle bells (the little round ones) are bad for parrots since the little slits are places the birds can get there beaks stuck. Is this wrong?

Not wrong, absolutely correct! Those bells are not safe for parrots! I have heard way to many bad stories involving those bells. Their beaks and toes can get stuck in them and can cause harm to your birds.

ct2_24_bells.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/12/30 02:50

ct2_24_bells.jpg