NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Toy Suggestions

sanzoni

Hi everyone. I really like this site for toys called www.theperchstore.com. I am getting a CAG in less than a month and I am kind of nervous on selecting the right toys for him. I want to make sure he gets all that he should. Would it be a problem if someone can look through the toys on this site and pick out what you guys would choose for your CAG. I am looking for a variety of toys like foraging, rope, block, and others. I already got a few toys but I know I am going to need more and I am starting to get a little confused on what to pick. Thanks

There's many toys on the market but that doesn't mean your bird will like them all even if the advertising says that they're made for greys. It's a hit and miss situation.

The link you put in is another bird board so it's just people's opinions concerning toys. We also have loads of people here that can give excellent ideas for store bought toys and toys that are home made by members here.

Oh sorry about that it was www.theperchstore.net I put .com. Yeah I understand it is a hit and miss because they are all different. But, the problem is I almost do not know where to start because there are so many. Just a few suggestions would be great. You know, like a couple for the foraging category, a couple for the wood and rope, and whatever else YOU would get for your grey lol. I am sorry to be a pain it's just there are so many to choose from I would like a couple people to show me some of the toys you guys would get. I want to make sure my grey is as happy as can be because I am a dedicated person when it comes to pets and really take care of them.

Sanzoni

Luckily, you have a young bird and they accept new toys much more easily than adult birds. Adult birds usually stop playing with their toys and concentrate on heavy duty chewing.

Go to your site and click on MEDIUM SIZED BIRDS

HAPPY BEAKS RADICAL RAFIA-------$6.99

HAPPY BEAKS WITH BALL AND CHAIN----$7.99

PARADISE TOYS TRIANGLE WITH BLOCKS AND BELL---------$10.99

NATURE'S INSTINCT - FIRECRACKER SWING----$14.99

There's others but this is a good start

It would also be wise to go to a regular pet shop and pick up a heavy duty cowbell (about 2 to 3 inch size) which the bird can have mock fights with.