NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Perches and Toys

sanzoni

Hi everyone. So I am getting a 4 month CAG in a few weeks. Got the cage already it is a 36"x28". I been trying to get perches and toys for it but when I look online or go to the store I get a little confused. I already got a pedi-perch, rope perch, and my cage came with the dowel perch. Is there anymore that I need to get at this moment. Also, when I set up the perches is there any certain way to place them, like which perch to put at the top where he sleeps and what perch to place near his food bowls. Now moving on to toys. I got a couple toys and I was just wondering if you guys have any ideas or websites to buy them at. How many should I buy just to start off with and how many of what type (by type I mean foraging, rope, wooden, and foot toys). I just want to make sure he has everything he deserves and set up the right way before he gets home. I want to make sure he is very happy. Thanks

Hi Sanzoni and welcome to our family. There are so many perches to choose from and in Harvey's cage he has a full java branch which takes up most of the bottom of his cage and a couple of cement perches. I have placed the cement perch at the highest point (where he'll obviously head) in order that his nails receive a bit of a filing when he's on it! As long as there is a good, steady perch available next to his bowls, then that's good. It's better to get rid of the round, dowel perches - they serve no purpose!

Toys of all sorts are essential - and rotation even more so - they get bored quickly so have plenty types of toys - saying that Harvey has his favourite that stays in there all the time. Good luck - it's the best decision you have made to get a grey - the love and interaction is unbelievable :)

Hi sanzoni, I have my grey's cement perch up high and she uses it as a sleeping perch. They do love to be up high. I get my grey's toys from PetSolutions.com or Foster&Smith.com. They are both reasonable in prices. I had a great time getting toys for my grey before she came home, it helped make the time go faster. Can't wait to see some pictures of your baby when you get the little bundle. Welcome to the Grey family!