NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Possibly dumb question, or at least obvious

crossfit

I see reference all over to calling the birds "fids". Now, I think it is a short version of the latin or something for parrot but when I checked the latin for African Grey it was Psittacus erithacus so I can't figure out where "fid" comes from.

Help enlighten me?

Finally I get to answer a question. LOL. Fid is a term used by loving parrot owners, often called parronts for the feathered kids... or fids for short. There is no such thing as a dumb question. No one new can be expected to have all knowlege when it comes to our forum, or to the world of African Greys. To have the courage to come forth, ask questions and delight with us in our discovery is the way to becoming a fabulous new member to us and is a credit to your dedication to understanding your way around. Thanks for asking, I am a relative newbie and don't have a lot of experience with the bird knowledge so you let me be helpful. LOL.

Thats a great link. I had figured out many of the abbreviations already. This forum is definately helpful. Last night I spent three hours reading late into the night. Do a search, read the answers, click on an interesting thread mentioned in someone signature, etc.

I asked a couple of questions before I began to search on the forum for answers. I found that most of the questions that came to my mind whether "dumb" or otherwise were already answered !!!

In fact after the initial few questions, I have not posted any since I invariably find the answer if I look hard enough !!!