NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help with 2 greys please

pep4uk

hi looking for advice please

i have cag he is 2 past july

today i picked up my baby caf which is 12 weeks

i also bought the liberty twin cage for them

my tim is in one side and the bby in the other

my tim is great talker and talks all day im needing to know with getting the baby will tht stop my tim from talking ???? if some one can tell me plz

also with the baby will he copy what tim is saying along with words we say to him

can any one please advise me on the best way for tim not to stop talking and also getting the baby to start

hope someone who maybe hs 2 greys with an age diff can give me some idea

thankyou hugs pep xx

Many of these questions can't really be answered with accuracy because it's the birds that make up their minds to do or not do certain things. Basically, you've put 2 greys in one cage that has a divider in it. That's not a good idea. In general, greys each needs their own cage or it could hamper what each bird will do. They need to develop individually. They need to not worry about another bird right next to them. Right now, you have no idea what type of personality that young bird has and putting that bird right next to the other in one cage may cause either one to not do certain things. Maybe they will, maybe not.

The baby bird will more than likely not imitate human words but will imitate bird sounds which are built in such as whistling. Actually it's not imitating anything. It's just doing what comes naturally.

"""can any one please advise me on the best way for tim not to stop talking and also getting the baby to start """

There is no such thing other than for you to talk to the bird and if that bird does start talking, it will be months before you hear anything. The same thing applies to the older bird. There is no such thing as not stopping a bird from talking.

Training a bird, not matter what the training is, is usually done with the bird being in it's own cage away from another bird where the bird's personality is allowed to develop.

If one turns out to be aggressive towards the other you would have to separate them and put each one in it's own cage.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/12/21 01:22

ty for all the comments

i bought the cage from john in parrotcare and he said it would be good that one will be in each and they will learn a lot from one another and it was good

timmeh my older caf doesnt whistle all he does is talk all day long and night and he was talking from 15 weeks with me i spent lots of time with him

we bought a toy poodle on friday afternoon and by friday night timmeh was saying susie come on out for a wee wee and that is honest he picks everything up really really fast

you can say something to him in a day then he will be repeating it bk to you within hours im sure he has been here before lol

but as you say i will just have to talk to the baby

but thankyou for helping me out

pep x

• 2 weeks later...