NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Astro thread.

Supernova

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Burnie!!! I am so excited!!!!!! Congratulations and all that jazz. Talk about a good 'scope! And maybe, just maybe, your 'scope will come up with some of the fascinating stuff to show what's going on in this crazy universe. Maybe???? Wish I understood it more.

All will be revealed very soon in the coming winter I must admit, I cant wait myself.

I have to admit all of this is waaayyy over my head but, I saw this picture and thought hmmmm somethings missing lol....

image_full

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/20may_loststripe/

Oh and congrats Bernie!!!

Yep you are right the big Red spot is on the other side in both pics, looks like a Hubble shot to me but I can compeat I cant have this, NASA ? Well they do try but we will show em ;)

In the UK we have a programme called "Crimewatch" - I think in the states it's called "America's Most Wanted" or something along those lines................!!!

36_11_6.gif

IgNora Baty, ahem!!

Well I can divulge a little bit of info here, our group are going to try to, With the help of 2 radio hams attempt a radio link up with the International Space Station on June 25 and talk with the crew as it passes over the UK.

That is the Not so exciting bit.

"Crimewatch" HA HA. snif.

Well, that's great Bernie - you've got a face definitely fit for radio!!

How totally exciting!!! What sort of time is it going to pass over the UK?

It will pass over the UK on 25th June, around 23.00 hours. [Jill that is 11 O'clock, at night, by Micky mouse]

You cant miss it, it will be moving very fast and is the brightest object in the night sky, a lot bigger than a Meteor {Jill a shooting star thing}

So with binos you may even be able to see the solar panels.

Look here.

http://heavens-above.com/

or this

http://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?lat=0&lng=0&alt=0&loc=Unspecified&TZ=CET

Or this

http://www.heavens-above.com/AllPass1Sat.asp?satid=25544&lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=CET

Edited by Supernova

I wasn't going to show myself up (more than I usually do) by asking if we could see it - BUT WE CAN!!! I am soooo excited! I'm off for a peek at the threads you've supplied. How exciting is this!!

PS. Thanks for the description of the time - is it Micky's big finger that is pointing to the 11 or his other arm? :)

I wasn't going to show myself up (more than I usually do) by asking if we could see it - BUT WE CAN!!! I am soooo excited! I'm off for a peek at the threads you've supplied. How exciting is this!!

PS. Thanks for the description of the time - is it Micky's big finger that is pointing to the 11 or his other arm? :)

You got it 6.gif

Micky's big finger at the 11 and his pinkie from 10 till it gets about the 2 mark

Edited by Supernova

The reason the Earth is warming up,

Geez!! Let sleeping suns lie I say!!

Excellent news about the link up with the ISS Bernie - I can't wait till the 25th - and I love those links you gave us! I think I've seen the space station before, but wasn't certain that's what I could see - I can't wait to see it and know for sure that is what I'm looking at - I'll def have to dust off my telescope for that - although it might be easier to watch through binocs! Thanks for these, AstroMan!!!

I can now reveal what is going to happen.

I am going to meet the Crew of the Space Shuttle Atlantis, that has just come back from the International Space Station.

My Group have been given the opertunity to host the entire event and it could be on TV but not sure if it will be on the Sky At Night program yet.

I will have free access to the event and interview the Shuttle Crew the Flight Director and the Astronaught Trainer.

This is a great honor for me.

This will be the last time, ever, A Shuttle Crew will ever be in England because the Shuttle Program is coming to a close.

Bernie. :)

This is a great honor for me.

I'm dead chuffed for you Bernie - it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. But I suspect there's more to it than you being a thorougly nice chap - they'll obviously be wanting someone who knows their stuff, and you sure do know what you're talking about with this astro business. Dead proud of you, "our Bernie"!