NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Astro thread.

Supernova

I have been thinking there are some people very intrested in my Moon and Sun pics, also some intrest in the future involved with Astronomy.

So I thought it would be a good idea to have this spot for talking about the subject.

Rules

1/ no mucking about :-)

2/ no mucking about :-)

3/ post anything to do with future events you find intresting.

So to start.

The Moon.

005-4.jpg

http://www.gmto.org/

http://www.jwst.nasa.gov/

If Admin think this is not a good idea then please let me know :)

Post edited by: Supernova, at: 2009/12/18 16:47<br><br>Post edited by: Supernova, at: 2009/12/18 17:00

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you see this story and the photos?

all-sky cameras has photographed a never before seen phenomenon: colliding auroras that produce explosions of light. The must-see images have solved a long-standing mystery of Northern Lights. Get the full story from Science@NASA.

Thanks Dan,

I don't have proof but if you think nothing can travel faster than light [670, 616, 629 mph] it would take 4.5 years to get to our closest star in Alpha centauri.

Our fastest object is going to Pluto now at 50,000MPH and it will take another 10 years.

Nothing has been discovered that can support life at the extremes.

If life out there can build a ship to travel at the speed of light then they have already been here or cant be bothered because the Earth is a spec of cosmic dust in the vast universe.

The largest object known is the same diameter and circumference as the orbit of Mars around the Sun.

That is big.

We cant see it with big telescopes but when it goes Supernova We will know about it!!

Time travel is not going to happen in the future because if it was why have they not been back yet?

We cant even get to Mars yet!

Yes there is life out there, I have no doubt, but to evolve like we have, no, we where lucky to get this far that is because our planet has been stable for a long time, That is changing even now.

I don't think we will get out of our solar system before our Sun engulfs our Earth.

:)

Had a bash at taking some shots of the Sun today but not very good, I can see the new Sun spots but the camera cant pick them up very well.

The atmosphere is a bit duff.

011-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

007-3-1.jpg

If you look to the center of the 4 black dots you can see the new sun spot It is about 3 times the size of our Earth

Post edited by: Supernova, at: 2009/12/19 17:14<br><br>Post edited by: Supernova, at: 2009/12/19 17:20

A WARNING!!!!! DONT!!! EVER!!! look at the Sun with a Telescope it will blind you.

My scope is very special, it cost a fortune.

For the tecies it picks up the red light of hydrogen alpha with a wavelength of 656.3nm

(1nm = 1 billionth of a meter)

All other light is filtered out.

That is why I can look directly at the sun with it.