NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I forgot to formally intorduce myself!

I suppose I should introduce myself to you all! I am not a new bird owner, but I am a soon to be new grey owner. :) I bring Francis home two days before christmas. He is a six year old CAG. He started plucking when his previous family went away on vacation. When they came home to a plucked bird they took him directly to an avian vet to have a complete check up done on him to find out why he was doing this. The vet told them that he was perfectly healthy and that the root of the problem was not health related. So they brought him home and put him in a back bedroom because he wasn't 'perfect' anymore. So he continued to pluck. When they got tired of it they decided to get rid of him. The lady that has him now is wonderful and said that when she gives him attention on a daily basis he lets his feathers come back in. She has been busy with horse shows and life in general so he has started plucking again.

I contacted her about another bird and after talking for about two hours on the phone she told me about Francis. As she was telling me his story my heart was melting.

She said that she only told me about Francis because she really liked me, and she would understand if I wasn't interested in him.

She emailed me a picture and I fell in love. She and I have talked several times and she has been telling me everything about Francis.

I go to meet her two days before christmas to bring him home. I have gone out and bought loads of stuff to make toys. and I am going to be busy the next few nights getting things ready for him to come home!

wow......i feel as though I just wrote a book for all of you!! Sorry about that!