NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

questions about bird "stuff"

crossfit

As I posted in the newbies forum, I will be getting my 10 year old grey on Thursday. (check there for the details if you would like).

While Ipo will be coming home with a cage, I would like to get her a carrier. I was thinking of waiting to do so but realized I may need to take her to the vet even if its for a check up and would like something on hand if any emergency comes up. Besides, I would like to be able to take her to visit her first mother and family often at first.

I am considering getting the Pak O Bird carrier sized for the timneh. I am suspicious that Ipo is actually a congo but she is small. Her tail and beak belie her small size in making me think she is really a congo. Anyway, I was wondering what people think about this carrier or other carriers before I invest in a large ticket item.

I plan to make a lot of her things (and have been [perusing the appropriate part of the forums a lot) but also need to get her some sort of swing and if anyone has any ideas on swings and t-stands that would be helpful. Even tips on what I should look for in a good solid stand would be helpful.

Guest jamalbirdbiz

ware can i find some bird tshirts or sweaters. it is starting to get cold around here and i needs to buy some winterware for my birdz. thanks.

AFRICAN GREY EXPERT AND A TOP POSTER<br><br>Post edited by: jamalbirdbiz, at: 2009/12/15 14:48

I use a cat travel box with cage door. I put a little blanket in it and Georgie sits there in it without any problem sucking on a grape or something nice... Its perfect and It's just as safe and doesn't cost much...:)

As for the Bird clothes you can find some on the Avian fashion site...

Post edited by: zzzelama, at: 2009/12/15 15:03<br><br>Post edited by: zzzelama, at: 2009/12/15 15:05

Greywings suggestion is exactly what I did when first transporting my grey as a chick between my house and the breeders, vet etc. It is very roomy, perch in place and food|water dishes mounted. I believe I only paid like $39 for it.

A pak-0-bird is great for outside walks, but rather a small space if you going to travel by car for hours. It is also around a $140 last time I purchased one.