NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bismark Behavior....

snakeopus

Hi all!

Just a brief observation:

I've noticed in recent days that when Bismark is excited sometimes he'll climb to the bottom of his cage and kind of pace around the perimeter while vocalizing. It almost looks ritualistic - and hilarious! He's most certainly happy as a clam, and really just seems like he's "walking the fence" and reminding me that it is his cage.

I actually heard him say his first two phrases in crystal clear english while doing his pacing routine: "What you doing buddy?" "Yeah, thought so." He's only done it once, and it completely stunned me. I forget what I was doing, but I heard him babbling away then in a completely foreign voice I hear: "Yeah, thought so." My jaw dropped, I looked over, and Bizzy said: "What you doing buddy?" I think the part that surprised me the most is that the voice he used was completely different than anything he's used before...That was about two weeks ago, and I have yet to hear him say anything/use that voice since...

Anywho, I kind of figure that his pacing is typical weird bird behavior - there's no reason to be concerned or discourage such thing right?

Side note: I've also realized that I need to be much more disciplined about my interactions with Bismark - we're so comfortable together that I don't always ask him to step up when I pick him up, don't always tell him where we are going or what we are doing. But there are times when I need to pick him up and he won't want to and gives me little warning bites - but I'm sure one day he's going to skip the warning bites and let me have it. He's bitten me to the point of drawing blood twice - once on my neck actually! He was chewing on my shirt and got some skin :-O

Oh. My. God. Did that hurt!!!!!!!

Anywho, final studying time...I don't have any good pictures to put up this time - but I did upload this amusing little video of Bizzy checking out a flashlight...Once he made connection between the flashlight and the flashlight beam he got really scared and threw it - but I cut that part out of the video because I felt bad haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLGuVaW-y9g

snapped a halfway decent pic of bismark nuzzling this evening...Even though I'm still a newbie owner - I completely understand why people become so attached to their greys...

I <3 Bizzy so much (even when he poos on me like 30 seconds after the pic haha)

13750_688838245627_15601127_39187967_1673647_n.jpg