NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Beau

Joolesgreyuk

I don't think I've posted a picture of Beau in his entirety and I thought this was a good one I took of him on his stand a few days ago. I like pictures where the background doesn't "swollow-up" the subject.

SN850192-1.jpg

BTW I have noticed that Beau's tail isn't as long as some of the greys on this forum, do they get longer after the first molt?

Joolesgreyuk wrote:

BTW I have noticed that Beau's tail isn't as long as some of the greys on this forum, do they get longer after the first molt?

They probably just look longer because they come back in all red instead of the black edging on them. That edging probably makes them look shorter.

Beau just shines in his environment, great photos. I think you are right about the tail fethers looking longer when they are totally red after the first molt. Also, some greys have their wings trimmed which allows more tail feathers to show, which may also appear to be longer. That and sometimes the younger birds are just getting confident and may fray their tails where the older ones don't seem to be as rough on the tail from falls etc.