NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Georgie is home

Georgiesmum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgie and Louie are beautiful together in your picture. I am so glad Louie is such a sweetheart to welcome your new baby. For Jill... just think that the nemesis team is getting shat upon from a great height.. the birds aren't rooting for the team they are in the perfect position to cover them with disdain... and other things. LOL.

Awww, great photos of the two meeting. I do hope they become good friends. Conures are very friendly birds.

Hopefully since your grey is so young, they will keep a good relationship in the long future ahead. :-)

Thanks for sharing these photos.

• 2 weeks later...

You have done such a great job helping Georgie and Louie get acclimated and they are obviously right at home. It is delightful that Georgie is talking to you already. I am happy that you are sharing his journey with you and all is well in your little nest.

:) What a sweetie, and i'ts nice to see the two birds get along. In the wild, grey's scratch in there nest to clean them out,we call it "cleaning house or roto-routing", it's so cute, you

ought to see 3 or 4 doing at the same time.[lol] KARMA.

:silly:

Can anyone tell me how long it will take for 2 tail feathers to grow back?? The problem Is they didn't fall out there broken so im thinking unless the rest falls out they would grow back??? Georgie fell from the top of his cage while playing and broke two feathers which didnt brake off completely for a few days. But the tips still didnt fall out... Will they fall out in there own time?

Georgie and Louie are lucky little birds, they have a great setup at your house! I really enjoy seeing your pictures and hearing about them together. We all see a ragged feather from time to time, Georgie will take care of his. It is all part of that playing with reckless abandon. I don't think his feathers will fall out just because they were broken, they have a schedule all of their own and may not be replaced until molting time does it naturally.

A quick update for ye all :) Georgie stopped saying hello after saying it for weeks as he has found a new whistle that he loves instead. Little devil :evil: Also he's gone so clever that when he knows your going to put him in his cage he will climb up your arm and onto your head or hang upside dwn from your clothes and grip onto everybit of you with his beak or claws so that you can't get him in...:laugh: It's funny but i know its something ill have to try stop. Ive no ideas how tho :laugh:

I brought him out on his harness twice this week and he doesnt mind me putting it on him... He was a bit nervous outside tho and wouldnt leave my shoulder lol

He is gone so much fun to look at while he is in his cage with all his toys... One minute he'll be attacking them and screaming at them and next hes talking away to them :P he is a great little character and a brillint acrobat :laugh: