NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Georgie is home

Georgiesmum

Keep offering a variety and let him see you eating and enjoying some of those same foods. Make those Umm yummy sounds while eating or pretending to eat them. They are sight feeders so will eat what ever he is used to seeing as food he will have to learn what new foods are safe by watching you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, keep offering all varieties of foods and vary how they are prepared, cooked, raw and offer them in different shapes and sizes, sometimes they will eat a certain food one way so it may take experimentation to find that out but do keep offering for sometimes they will ignore it for a while then "bam" they eat it.

Yip - the others are (obviously) bang on - Harvey might eat sweet potato one day until it's coming out of his ears - and the next he'll not touch it! I have the "sunflower seed problem" with him - I just keep reducing the amount and he sharp eats something else!! Don't fret too much x

I also have a baby Grey who will sit on the bottom of the cage and scratch to be let out. I've raised him from and egg, and this behavior started when he was about 6 weeks old. At first, we thought it was adorable so we gave him lots of attention for it. Now, at 12 weeks, we have realized that he is just trying to get our attention so he can be let out. Whenever he begins this behavior we leave the room and it stops immediately. If we are unable to leave the room, we make a big show out of ignoring him. It seems to be working as the behavior is occurring less and less. Hope this helps!

I put the grid above the sand paper so he couldn't do It anymore and now when the grid isn't there he only does It the very odd time :) I just didn't like to see him so frustrated.

He's also found a new food he likes... Brussels sprouts :) (Sumone made a balls of the cabbage!):laugh: :laugh:

Hi everyone, Just another quick question... :) I have a towel in the end of the cage incase Georgie falls from the top of the cage and when he's going to sleep in the night time he sleeps on the towel lying down on his side all snuggled up. It's the cutest thing iv'e ever seen, but i didn't know birds do this so i was wondering does anyone else's bird do this and is it a baby thing maybe???<br><br>Post edited by: zzzelama, at: 2009/12/21 13:24