NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

FREQUENT BLEEDING--Common Solution

Dave007

The biggest yet most common problem that many people have is their bird bleeding from claws that have been cut too short or broken flight/tail feathers. This usually happens at home.

It's a good idea to have blood clotters instantly available

Quick Blood Stopper----flour---talcom powder plus Q-Tips. All of these items will eventually clot the areas where blood is coming from.

Quick Blood Stopper is none toxic and is used for all types of animals--2 legged and 4 legged including reptiles.

The way to use these items is to dampen a Q-Tip and then stick it in any of the items above until it's totally covered.The items that are used should be a little gloppy and muddy. Pressure should be used against the cut for abot 3 minutes. Then wound is checked and if bleeding hasn't stopped, the process should be done agin until no blood is leaking out.

Concerning flight or tail feathers----even though the flow of blood can be temporarily stopped, many times most of those types of feathers start bleeding again and will have to be removed. Only someone skilled at removing these feathers should do it. Special techiques are used.

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/12/07 22:09<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/12/10 00:56

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Dave for your info.

The last week i had an accident with his nails cut and was bleeding about two hours.

I didn't use any flour or talcum,i just bundle him in a towel and i used pedadin to the wound.Thanks god is ok but next time i think i will not cut his nails.

Thank you at all..