NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Life is a Roller Coaster?

JillyBeanz

I've been wondering over the past few weeks whether parrots suffer from motion sickness. I say this because when I retrieve Harvey from wherever he shouldn't be (say upstairs) and I whizz down the stairs (turning flight) then whip him back into the living room (another quick turn) I am obviously moving him very quickly (like we would be on a roller coaster).

He's never been sick, nor looked dizzy - but I wonder should I take the pace slightly slower and smoother?

This might be an absolutely ridiculous question - but I do get some strange thoughts from time to time :)

I twirl Dayo around on his hanging boing...he loves it and never gets dizzy. IN fact as he is twirling, he normally says with excitement "Wooooo Hoooooo!!".

I walk with him very fast too and down halls, around corners etc. Since your grey is flighted as Dayo is, if they get nervous they will just fly to where your going and wait for you. :-)

Looking forward to the photos, all though I think a video would be more fun watching you race down the stairs. :P

Since the beginning my husband and I have held Yoshi and when heading with her up and down stairs we say 'Upstairs, Flap, Flap, Flap!' and run up and down the stairs. Yoshi likes going up the stairs most and now it is so funny seeing her flapping her wings building those muscles like a crazy bird. She enjoys the attention and the occasional pistachio she gets for working those wings!

My hope is that by making flapping fun and rewarding to her, she will try extra hard and have a good jump start at flying when she gets those feathers back! She's only had 'one initial flight and was clipped straight away' says the breeder :/

I love roller coasters too and leave it up to Jill to ask the silliest questions, ha ha, had to get that remark in, give me an opening and I take it!

If birds got motion sickness my Sunny would be longgone by now as she rides on my shoulder and I give her the ride of her life sometimes.:laugh: