NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Impressed by Good Bird Inc

Xtreme575

I thought I would take a moment to say how impressed I am with both Barbara Heidenreich and Good Bird Inc. I had been looking for something that would help me learn the basics of training, and after reading the posts on Grey Forums, and other internet searches I decided to give Barbara's videos a try.

I ordered Parrot Behavior and Training, and Introduction to Training online from the Good Bird Inc. website. I was anxious to get the video, unfortunately it took a bit longer to get then I had hoped, this was not the fault of Good Bird Inc., but instead, Canada Customs...

Finally after a few weeks it arrived in the mail! I couldn't wait to get upstairs to watch it. As soon as I took it out of the package I heard a rattling sound which dismayed me. Opening the DVD case I had discovered that the disc had slipped off the hub that is supposed to hold it in place, and the disc had been rubbing around in its cover. It was pretty scratched, but I popped it in the DVD anyway.

The video was excellent, I learned lots, but was frustrated as it did skip quite a bit. Anyway, I e-mailed Good Bird Inc., not to ask for anything, but instead just to let them know what had happened, and to ask that their videos get a bit of a shake before they mail them out. I told them that I was very impressed by the content of the video, just dissapointed that it was irritating to watch due to the skipping.

The next day I had an email that lead me to a link to their magazine which one normally needs to pay for to access. They were very apologetic and told me that they hoped the magazine would appease me. I was more than happy with that. I reassured them that I would continue to order Barbara's videos as Paco progressed in his training, and that I just wanted them to be aware of what happened to me.

Needless to say, tonight I came home, there was a replacement video sitting in the mailbox! I was astounded. What phenomanal customer service. Barbara and Good Bird Inc., have a lifetime customer out of me!!!

By the way, Paco learned to "turn around" and "wave" in two training sessions using Barbara's methods! Pretty impressive!!!

Anyway, 5 stars to Barbara, and 5 stars to Good Bird Inc.!

Ryan

Thanks for putting a message up for something that has been well done. It is good to know you had such a response. Plus, it helped me put a couple of new books on my Christmas list. I do have a copy of Barbara's Parrot Problem Solver. I read that one first before our bird came home from the breeder so I could see what behaviours lead to problems so I could avoid doing things to create problems. Now would be a good time to start at the beginning again. Thanks again for the feedback on a good experience.

It great when you get good customer service - and nice when people advertise someone has been nice (I think nowadays we are a blame nation and only complain)!

I've read about the DVDs - but never actually heard anyone "real" say they've used them - I might look into it now though as you say how good they are!

Thanks for this info :)

All I can say is that I didn't know where to "start" on training tricks or behaviours. After watching the video it took me two sessions to have Paco "turnaround" and "waving", it'll just take a little longer to perfect. More importantly though, it taught me to really let him make his own choices on stepping up, rather than a forced step-up, and other choices that he wants to make. He is loving it, and we still have boundaries. Again, very impressed with both Barbara and the customer service with Good Bird Inc. I'm ordering more from them already!!! :evil: Visa loves me. *sigh*

Thanks for posting this. I have always followed her works and know that her methods work well.

Good Bird Inc. is one of the few people or sites I would recommend seeking materials from.

Thanks for posting this so others will know about Barbara Heidenreich. :-)

Just a quick update, Barbara sent me a note on my e-mail to thank me for my kind words that I sent after I received the 2nd DVD. I am going to assume that it was Barbara, since she signed it off herself. I feel more excited than a teen-girl just meeting Taylor Lautner from Twilight!!! LOL!:blink: