NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The American/English Translation game

Joolesgreyuk

Think it's time for a new game. I'm always facinated by different words and phrases the Americans/Canadians have for our English words soooo the object of this game is for the Americans/rest of the world (English language only please ;-)) to post one of their words or phrases and a Brit/European tries to translate it. Obviously the American team ;-) must challenge us rather than the other way around. Anyone interested in starting this game off?

ie. sidewalk = pavement. This is an easy example, try to make it a little more difficult if possible. ;-)

Jill I think rubbish is called Trash but that is what we call the Xfactor and that celebratory stuff.

Janet The USA ain't old, England is.

And what the hell does 'making out' mean? here it means to pretend you are doing something when you are not.

eg, He is 'making out' he has got a bad leg because he does not want to go running.

luvparrots wrote:

Dan I don't know what your standards are but I don't go out with men who can't afford a room!!!!!! :laugh: :whistle: :P;)

LOL!!!

Well, there is car time normally before you get to the room.....a little pre-foreplay. ;-)