NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sudden naughtiness

Fendana

Hello everyone, my baby Squonk is 7 months old and is a beautiful boy, he is very bonded with me and seems very happy. He has lots of time out of his cage and usually just sits on me messing around with what ever I happen to be doing and generally being a bit of a pest. He usually flies back and forth from me to his play stand. Today, however, he has been circumnavigating the room, swooping dangerously low over the dogs and cats and screaming like a banshee..... funny but a real change in behaviour, he has also been more vocal than usual when in his cage. I haven't changed a thing either.... is it just baby tantrums?:kiss:

Ho Ho Ho! He's now asserting his authority! He is telling you "I'm a big boy now"!

Harvey did exactly the same thing (he's just short of 1 year old) a few months ago - the independence in them seems to happen overnight! He'll settle once he realises nobody is particularly interested in him!

I promise it does get ( a little) better!! :laugh:

Typical 7 month old, oh hang on typical grey I should say. Ours are 2 and 3 and they still do the swooping and screaming like banshees. I love it and really encourage it. They seem to get so much enjoyment out of it and gives them a real way to get out that pent up energy.

As for the biting he is definitely testing you, just make sure you are consistent in telling him no and placing him on his perch and ignoring him when he bites. They soon learn