NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New problem with Hemingway

nevjoe

Yesterday he started to go to the bottom of the cage and put his head down low into the corner, where he would start running his foot back and forth, like a dog would do when digging in the ground. He has done it bout 6 time today. What do you think of this. Dogs don't have feathers. You think I got a cross breed?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe

Guest Lidia

Oh, they all dig eventually. IF you have paper in the bottom of the cage they will shred it and then kick it out of the way. I am not sure what primitive instinct they are responding to, burrowing maybe?

Joe - Crossbreed LOL!!!:woohoo:

It is funny looking. Dayo and the rest of this clutch have been scratching the carpet, blanket or whatever they are on for about 4 weeks now.

I have read in a few articles on Greys in the wild of how they have observed them digging along lake shores and streams in the soft wet ground for "Stuff"...not sure what.

We need to get a video of this and put it to the "Chicken Dance" song :laugh:

Hey Joe.

Whenever I put Roxy back into her cage while she is playing, she will go down there and take it out on the newspaper, it is because they don't want to be put back into the cage.

My mother's CAG holds onto the cage with his beak and waves his one talon when he is put into the cage.

:P

Hey Joe.

Whenever I put Roxy back into her cage while she is playing, she will go down there and take it out on the newspaper, it is because they don't want to be put back into the cage.

My mother's CAG holds onto the cage with his beak and waves his one talon when he is put into the cage.

:P

Guest briansmum

brian does this too, infact i often put an extra sheet of paper on top of the poop grid for him to chicken scratch he enjoys it. sometimes when he is on the floor he will stick his beak under the front of the sofa and then do it, like he is trying to scratch his way underneath. so cute and funny :P