NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spock's Favorite Fid Food

Jayd

Greetings: Spock here: Here is some of my favorite Fids recipes that I get my slave Maggie to make...

(some of these recipes are adaptations of other recipes that we have changed to suit our birds)

SPOCK'S SMASH:

(This is also great for mixing medication in for your babies)

Here are the ingredients that I check out personally before Maggie gets started on it. One large sweet potato or yams, organic peanut butter, banana and/or ripe soft pear, organic sesame seeds, organic baby applesauce, assorted organic baby foods.

Here is how she prepares it:

She puts the sweet potato/yam in a dish in the microwave (after she cleans off the bite marks I made while checking it out). She cooks it for 15 to 20 minutes until it is soft. To make enough for us 5 big Fids, she uses 10+ heaping tsp. of mashed sweet potato, 1" slice of banana, 1/2 tsp of peanut butter. She also substitutes a fruit for the banana (like applesauce, pear, etc.) She smashes it all together and warms it. This is where she fights me off as she divides it all up. (If you add any meds, vitamins, palm oil, etc) it would be after you warm it.)

She also adds sesame seeds, and cinnamon. She puts in cooked orzo pasta if our poop is too watery and takes out the fruit. If it is too watery, she know we got into the grapes, hehehehe, and we get cooked Orzo pasta with cinnamon (ooohhhh! Tasty!) She feeds this from almost weaned babies on up. She adds formula for the babies or sick birds (ones who need extra nourishment). As a logical adaptation, you can add anything you want and serve it cold or warm, thick or thin...

Live long and Prosper

Spock B)

:) Joey

Picture220.jpg

Spock makes his mash look so yummy we are going to go try it this afternoon. Juno needs to put some weight on and since he is eating a little less after a transfer to the big cage, I will see if this will entice him to eat a little more. Thanks for the idea.

Jay, that mash was a huge hit. Juno has been a little off his feed with moving to the big cage. He is eating better now that he has a spoonful of warm mash a couple of times a day. The first time I gave it to him he was on my lap eating it from the spoon. Thanks for the idea that made my boy so happy. He had a really messy face and wiped it all over me, but it was worth it to see him eating so much at this time.