NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

sleepless in Liverpool

she

I have had Charlie 6 years now and he is 7 years old in March or round about,not really sure of his age.The problem is the last few weeks he has been banging his toys round in the middle of the night. This is something he has never done and is always quiet as a mouse once he is covered and everything settles down for the night.I have checked and nothing at all has changed.I dont want to get up when he does this to check on him incase he catches on to it and does it all the more .I did get up when he first done it once and all was fine.Any advise would be very welcome.

You don't say that he is falling Sheila - just banging his toys so I don't think there is anything wrong him - he's awake and moving about - how long is he sleeping? He might just be awake.

Is there something that could be waking him - my cockatiel used to thrash about in the night when there was a creak or groan in the pipes?

Thats a tough one Sheila.

It could be many things that do wake him up. Storms, high winds, thunder, creaking house when cold, cats fighting, dogs barking etc.

Sometimes our birds do just wake up, have a little food, bat a toy or 2 around and then go back to sleep.

I think you are right to not go and check on him every time he does this, it could turn into a fun thing to do for him but as long as he is fine otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Just when you thought everything was fine and dandy one of them comes along with something else for us to muddle about, they do keep us on our toes.