NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

so sweet!!!

jules1962

My heart totally melted before. Casper and Nelson were both sat on their play perch preening each others head and neck, they always do that to each other. I think they do the bits on each other that they can't reach themselves.

Casper had his head bent down for Nelson, and all of a sudden he started saying "i love you" in a really quiet child like voice. I don't know if it was intended for Nelson or not, but it was so sweet

:) It was, as i say i don't know wether or not it was intended for Nelson, but it makes me wonder. I wish i could upload some pics, but my laptop is broken so i am using the internet via a nintendo wii, and it's not very good. Hopefully my laptop will be fixed in a few weeks

Very cute description of that endearing moment. They are very intelligent and it would not surprise me one bit if the word "Love" was used in the correct context.

Your right on getting those spots they can not preen themselves. Birds preen each other naturally as a part of the flock to help each other out and show love, especially to a mate.

Most of us with just one Grey, get the honor of being the "Preener" which we all call giving scratches. The reason this is true, is that they view us as a loved and trusted flock member. Thus the automatic bowing of the head so we can preen the neck for them. :-)

Thanks for sharing this touching moment. :-)