NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Forum History?

pearllyn

Well. a few years ago, there was a certain woman who left her home at a very young age, about 5 yrs old. Many people searched for her but they had no luck. What they didn't know was that she wandered into the woods and was eventually accepted by a pack of wolves. She lived amongst them. She was with them for many years. She learned their language. She learned the ways of the jungle. She was accepted by many other wild creatures. She hunted for food with the wolves. One of the most interesting things to her was the way all of the predatory birds captured other wild animals for food.

Eventually, explorers came into these woods and discovered her and they brought her out into the human population. She learned english. She was taught how to wear clothes. Eventually, she stopped the wolf howling and became a member of the human society. Soon enough, she met another creature named man. She felt attracted to him and soon thereafter she had what were called children. To her it was amazing but she remembered the birds with the eggs so she knew what was happening and was thrilled. She was still fascinated by birds of all types and decided to form a group of bird lovers which is now called Grey Forums. She wanted to share. We were lucky. Her problem was that she had no name here but she never forgot those magnificent large predatory birds with their claws so she decided to call herself...

Talon

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/11/27 21:56<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/11/27 23:38

Dave, what you failed to mention were wax strips. The ferrel child had a downy coat and when she discovered man, then man introduced her to wax strips. The wax strips enabled her to get rid of her moustache and her beard. This was very important as her life outside of the home that she had made with the humans would not have been made easy. Luckily for us, this creature developed into a computer princess to serve her kingdom (the world and beyond) and thus enabling lots and lots of birdies to be blessed by the gathering of the knowledge and skills of the "Knights of the Round Table" that she gathered.

Now, this is turning into a fairytale, and a fairytale it is - I know for one that my Harvey leads a happy and healthy life due to this god and her band of merry men!! Oh - and that's you included Dave xxxxx

Ah, but that isn't the end of the story! The ferrel child (de-haired and moustached, turned into the beautiful computer princess) managed to gather over 5000 followers. At first they just pressed "african grey parrots" into google and "african grey forums.net" is what they found. They then realised that it wasn't just weirdos and fools who joined internet forums (I hope) and felt "right at home". Because of the ferrel child computer princess turned guru they felt they could post their stupid questions and not feel stupid (or is that just me)!!!

I think now I shall leave the next episode to another poster - please make this as far out as possible.

My disclaimer is that Talon does not have either a moustache or a beard and that wax strips do not come into contact (with her face)!!!! :laugh:

luvparrots wrote:

We are all so lucky and delighted that our beautiful computer princess has a great sense of humor and tolerates the ramblings of her loyal but foolish followers. For no one wants to be nailed by a well manicured and sharp Talon!!!!! :laugh: :P;)

Oh yes Janet - I fully agree!!! :laugh:

LOL Penny, I can not help but laugh at the replies here. :-)

The forum was started in 2001 in Israel by a Grey lover named Geri. He has ensured this site was maintained and still does. However, he has not been heard from in years in this forum.

There is an admin named fairy that was actively posting up to about a year ago and she is still around in Israel and helping the owner by ensuring the servers stay up and get maintained.

Yes, Judy.....Dan thinks he can ruin our fun with what HE thinks is the true story......but little does he know he's been kept in the dark and told only what ever info we have decided he needs to know to keep him from finding out the REAL history of how Greyforums came to be. :laugh: B) :whistle: :whistle:

Compute princess or Geri, It does not matter.All that matters is that this site has helped countless greys and owners and done much to improve the lives of companion greys from all over the world.Thank you, whoever kicked it all off.Also thank you to the people who keep it all ticking over.

Haha Sheila - I couldn't have said it better! That's all why I wanted to know!!

A bunch of thanks to the founders and a big thank

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou to Talon and all the mods and admins that keep it running (mostly) smoothly!:laugh:

(Talon - I thought the wolf in you might have appreciated that form of thanks!!)