NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yum Yum ~ Thanksgiving Dinner

JillyBeanz

Hope you all have a lovely day and a lovely Thanksgiving Dinner - just to let you all know that here, in the UK, I am at work and for my lunch I have a soggy sandwich, a yoghurt, an apple and a kiwi fruit.

Pales into comparison really...........!

Happy Thanksgiving All xxxxxx :kiss:

Poor Jill, you bet I will be thinking of you when I chow down this evening on turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry casserole, green beans, sweet potatoes, homemade rolls and other assorted sides, I am going to wash it down with some of that good ole southern iced tea and finish it off with some pumpkin pie and coffee, gosh I can hardly wait.B) ;)

My daughter is fixing the dinner this year as she has now for several years, its nice to have someone else do the hard work, my contribution is the rolls as she hasn't quite mastered that yet. I will be spending the evening with all 3 of my grandkids today, the whole family will be together except for my hubby who is in Arizona on a hunting trip.

Just so our international members don't fantasize about the jolly times and good food, I am having a non-traditional Thanksgiving for the first time ever. My girls are home for a short break, one of them is injured and has had me being a chauffeur back and forth to college, close to a hundred mile, round trip every day. That combined with doctor appts, vet appts, an extra dog in the house for a visit and just plain having fun with a new baby we have opted to go to a turkey buffet this afternoon.

Glad you are all going to have a fab time - my soggy sandwiches were lovely thanx for asking!!!!

Judy - your whole shabang sounds yummy - but being a veggie I'd have to replace the turkey with a nut roast!!!!

Dee - being a mother never stops - the turkey buffet sounds delightful!!

Janet - put that baby down!!!!

Enjoy whatever you are doing all of you - been thinking of you all today :kiss: :kiss:

A nut roast for vegetarians? And Jill to be the honored nut? Now that is a picture. We struck out to find a turkey buffet... four hours later settled for an alternative, LOL. You can bet my family will campaign for mom to get back to the kitchen next year. Had to beat poor ole Jill's soggy sandwich though. Jill, you need to fire your cook. Hmmm... come to think of it, maybe that is what happened at our house this year. LOL.

It's Sunday evening here, so most have forgotten there even was a Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful day. Six of us there were vegetarians. We had potato pie with a nut protein in it. Delicious! It was my grand-daughter's birthday so not only were there pies there was her favorite chocolate cake and homemade icecream. Of course I over ate! :( :ohmy: :lol:

It was fabulous to have the whole family together once again. This is the first time for both our girls to be home to meet Juno. They are disappointed he didn't make fast friends, but he is still getting acclimated and was fun with them, just not affectionate as he has gotten to be with mom and dad.