NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Damp/Mould Patches

Joolesgreyuk

Following on from an earlier thread regarding respiratory problems in birds. It does seem to me that our fids are particularly sensitive to airborn sprays and irritants. I keep my fids next to the patio door and window where they are able to get the most natural light and fresh air and where they can see the outside world. This month here in the UK we have had a phenomenal amount of rain after two dry months and about a week ago I noticed one or two patches on the wall next to the door where mould is beginning to form. Obviously mould would be very dangerous to birds as it is to humans and I will be tackling it asap. I have an anti-mould spray which I'm sure would be dangerous to birds as it is chemically based, however I have heard that tee tree oil does the same job just as well. What I would like to know is this:

1. Is tee tree oil safe to use around the fids?

and 2. Is there another natural and safe alternative product?

Thanks in advance and to those of you who have your fids in similar positions please check for damp patches on outside walls and around windows and doors.

The pros and cons of Tea tree oil usually has to do with human beings who use it on their skin. It's used to treat a variety of external problems

Acne ,Athlete's foot,Dandruff, Boils,Lice, Eczema,

Psoriasis, Yeast infection. Basically it's herbal but there should be no problems with using it in areas where mold spores and spider webs exist. It isn't a very well known product as far as cleaning out animal areas but if you heard that it does, there should be no problems. It's only people that have different reactions to it and they have to come in contact with it.