NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Christmas Trees

JillyBeanz

Sorry - I know it's early but it's playing on my mind!!!

It's our first Christmas with the retrobate and I am so not looking forward to him and my Christmas trees becoming acquainted!

I have two that I put up each year, both in areas that Harvey has full, unrestricted access too (and I couldn't restrict access if I wanted too)!!

What's your thoughts - remembering Harvey is scared of NOTHING - what's the chances of me keeping my trees up?

I'd really like to know your experiences please - do your fids stay away - or are your trees like magnets? :kiss:

We had a tree last year but of course, Alfie was scared of it so she stayed away. This year, she's getting bolder with our regular plants, so the tree might be different, we're still having it though - I think it'll be scary enough to keep her off for the three-ish weeks it's up!

Will Harvey really be bold enough with it to land on it right off?! How brave!!

Both mine are flighted. There has never been the slightest interest in the tree with tons of ornaments and flashing lights. It is however always an 8 foot tree. So even if they did fly to it, there would not be any chance of them being able to knock it over.

the birdie in the yucca plant happened four days after we brought him home! What do you think!!! :whistle:

What I think is that you'd better anchor the tree down well, leave off any vintage/sentimental/breakable/valuble ornaments, put up a birdy stand close to the tree as an alternate landing zone, and practise picking birdie off the tree and onto the stand. :lol: Considering he's not afraid of much (that's what you get for socializing your bird so well), I think you may have a new catch phrase for your house. Sort of like 'Remember the Alamo' but instead it's "Remember the Yucca"{Feel-good-0002006E}