NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Amanda, Rob, and Baby boy our CAG

I realize I haven't officially introduced our family so now it's time =)

My name is a Amanda and I live with my boyfriend Rob. We recently moved into our own home. We work opposite shifts with his being a day shift and mine being a 2nd shift.

After spending time around African Grey Parrots, we decided that having one of our own would make the perfect addition to our family. Rob diligently looked for adoption options as we thought it would be great to give an African Grey a great, loving family. In the mean time, I researched and read all that I could about Companion African Grey Parrots.

On Nov 6, 2009 we welcomed Baby to our family. He hatched on Dec. 14, 2007. He came from a family that used to live in a bigger home, but downsized to a smaller apartment. They didn't want to have to put baby up for adoption, but there was one apartment neighbor in particular that was giving them problems on account of "a noisy bird." He came to us with everything he owned including a marvelous spacious Macaw cage.

They seemed to treat Baby well as he is pretty relaxed and others say he's well socialized. Granted we haven't had him for long, we can say he's not a "noisy" fid. He loves to talk, chatter, and be vocal in terms of whistling and other sounds. He hasn't displayed any obnoxious fid noise as of yet. He vocabulary is limited, but what he does say is enjoyable. He has been practicing to mimic our voices as well as words. I'm diligent about practicing repetition. He loves to play (in his cage and on a travel perch) and takes well to new toys. He has a very hearty appetite which is delightful. As expected he does have some bad habits but it could certainly be much worse and over all we are very pleased with Baby.

We are very excited to have Baby boy as part of our new and developing relationship and family. He's in good hands and he's here to stay!

Thanks Amanda for finally introducing yourself and Baby as it helps to get to know one another as we are all curious about each other.

I am so happy you decided to give this grey a good home and he seems to have settled in nicely. He was taken good care of and that helps so much with rehoming a bird, he is so lucky you found him.

We look forward to hearing more about him and pictures too if you have any.

That is a nice introduction Amanda. Your bird came home one day ahead of ours. It is a lot of fun and just a little scary getting to know our new family member. You will find a lot of very helpful information on this forum. It takes a little while to figure out the way things work but it is worth it and soon you will be familiar with it. Welcome and thanks for joining us.