NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Music/TV on when I'm not home? Good or bad?

CuteMandaPanda

I find that my male likes music and the female like cartoons.

The obvious solution was cartoon network / boomerang on the TV while gone.

added bonus: seems like people are always home. TV is on and you keep hearing a woman saying "Hello?" and the boy rings like the telephone.

I think most would say it's a not a bad idea, how helpful it is... don't know.

sandra902 wrote:

i leave the classical channel on for the birds.

every now and then big daddy will sneak in and change it to the jazz or blues channel.

Sandra, I'm with big daddy. Gotta round out that musical education:) I usually leave the tv on the listings channel that has music in the background. TV seems to upset Dorian. He often turns his back on it if it's on a regular channel, and he especially doesn't seem to like cartoons. I think the high voices remind him of children, and kids weren't always well behaved when Dorian was in the pet store, know what I mean. You just have to know your bird and his/her likes and dislikes.

Tobie knows how to say " Turn the radio off " and sometimes "Turn the damn radio off" When I turn the radio on he starts. " Turn the radio off.....". I don't know whether to beleive him or not, so I usually go up and change channels until he starts bobbing his head and keeping rhythm by making a snapping sound. I'll say "Is that better?" and if he vigorously bobs his head, I leave it on.