NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey and Macaw

Teaka

I have been reading a bit,and I was wondering I am thinking of getting a Blue Gold Macaw.

I have right now a African grey,cockatiel,quaker and they all get along well and talk and talk alot telling there stories to each other.

Does anyone have a African grey and a Macaw?

I would have them in seperate cages as that is there home and no one elses but I was just wondering if it would cause a problem in the same house.They would be kept in seperate rooms and each will still have there one on one just like they have now.But will I start a problem.As I love my birds and just fell in love with this Mcacw.My grey is 7 and the macaw is around 13.

I dont have any of my birds together not even out as I would not want to hurt any of them by getting bitten from one or the other.As they are all babies to me !!!

If anyone has a Grey and Mcacw let me know is it a good idea !!!!

It really depends on the individual birds.Tycos Mum has 2 greys and 2 hugh Macaws so she is the one to advise but I would say that if you are careful about the larger bird having a go at the smaller birds I would say go ahead as long as you are sure you can offer the long term home these large demanding birds need. Read up all you can about macaws there needs and wants ,pros and cons before making your decision.

Teaka as Sheila as said Pat the moderator of the Other Birds Room is the one with expert knowledge about greys and macaws. She has Macaws and Greys and other parrots that she has weaved into a wonderful little flock. I however do have an eclectus and grey and let them out together but only if I am in the same room with them constantly. I always return one or the other to a cage if I leave a room if only for a moment.<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/11/18 19:38