NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Alfies showertime!

pearllyn

Hay folks!

Just another wee update on Alfies shower saga and a video to go with! She is definitely getting better. She doesn't kick up a fuss when I go to put her in her "shower" cage, which I think speaks volumns, and she is continuing to sit happilly on my hand while I shower her.

It just goes to show that patience and persistence does pay off.

I don't know if we'll ever see the day where she will sit happily with me in the shower, who knows, but for the moment we've found a way acceptable to both of us, and to be honest I'm amazed we've found this happy ground! She's just a little star!!

Hope you and yours are all well.

Lyn & Alfie

xx

WOW! I am so impressed!!

That's a great idea to have a shower cage. My greys will have nothing to do with a shower. I mist them with a mister, but they run all around their cages like I'm trying to kill them. Needless to say, they rarely get wet by my attempts. It's on their own terms in a water bowl.

Yesterday, I found Talon on the floor perched on my dogs water bowl giving herself a bath. :pinch:

Thanks for the comments folks. I really have tried everything! From her own bath with toys in it, that she won't go near, to misting her in or out of her cage, that has a similar outcome to Talons.

I know she hates the water, but I'm starting to see just tiny little glimpses of behaviour that may indicate she might start to enjoy it, one day, when she realises I'm not actually trying to kill her!!

Thanks for looking.

x

That's a great video. Thanks for sharing! You two have come a long way with the bath time saga.I hope Baby will let me shower him one day. I'm attempting the spray bottle technique right now. I haven't decided how he feels about it. I do know, he wasn't thrilled with our first bathtub experience.

Here's my recent post describing the experience.http://www.greyforums.net/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,27/func,view/catid,5/id,169915/

Absolutely fine! Harvey sits on the soap dish thing off the side of the shower pole and turns around when I ask him to.

But

If I mist him with aloe I have to do it in his cage - as he hates it and runs (flies) a mile! Alfie isn't distressed or anything! She's fine - don't worry ;)

I plop Ana Grey in the sink and just ran water through my fingers over her. We have done this from day one and she enjoys it. I plug the sink and let the water rise and she just stands in it and lets me splash her. She is such a laid back grey. She never bathes or has tried to bath herself.