NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

'ello Bismark :-)

snakeopus

Hey all!

Things are going well here in Northern Virginia. Just getting ready to head to my weekend job (ugh!), and hanging out with Bismark.

He's doing well, babbles and whistles his heart most of time. I'm working on getting him onto a pellet diet, but it's a challenge....I guess I can't blame him; it seems like the equivalent of the "mush" that they eat in the first Matrix movie. I've been feeding him a seed mix that seems to be 75% seed/dried fruit/etc and 25% pellets. On top of that, I have a container of that multicolored pellets which I grounded into a powder and sprinkle on his food (vet recommended that). We'll see how that goes..

The other thing I've been trying to do is train him and train my friends to interact together. There is one friend Bismark will let pet him and even sit on his shoulder. However, most of my friends are too noisy and walk straight up to his cage - hence freaking him out. That and 99% of my friends seem terrified of birds...But I'm working on them haha...I'm going to implement a "step up" command for my friends to cue them to approach his cage (I do have leftover haloween candy I can use as a treat for them heh) hahaha

Anyway I included a picture i just snapped; everyone loves pictures!

Later crew!

-Adam n Bizzy

12436_681522730977_15601127_38941784_5310759_n.jpg

Oh look at that picture and wonder how anyone would need to be bribed to be part of that. I look forward to the day my new grey will accept me that close. Thanks for the glimmer of hope that if I am patient and brave enough, that could be us. Thanks for stopping in for a visit. Good luck with the training of friends, the concept sure made me smile, thanks.

It will take a while Adam but it can be accomplished and you are going about it in the right way.

Some people don't have a clue about birds so they must be cautioned when entering the house so they don't do something to freak out your bird but most people are intimidated by a large beak.

Thanks for the update on Bismark.

Bismark is quite the cuddler ;-) Like I mentioned in a topic before, he likes to crouch on top of his cage in the corner and have me place on hand on his back and rub his head/neck with the other hand....I love it almost as much as he does hehe...A couple times I've turned the light out and he's fallen asleep under my hands...

He was in a phase for a couple weeks where he didn't want to get out of cage and was real nippy with me...However, whenever I walked up to that particular corner of his cage he'd literally come 'running' and crouch down...

For lack of better words: we just click...Except when I'm trying to study micro economics and he jumps on the desk and starts pulling keys off my keyboard!:evil: