NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Howdy Ho Folks

r2r

Howdy there R2r and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your flock.

My you have quite a few birds, I couldn't imagine how busy they must keep you, feeding, cleaning and taking care of their every need. I only have Josey, my grey and a sun conure and they keep me hopping but they do give so much in enjoyment so you are richly rewarded.

Not that you need it but we have lots of useful information in our many threads and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Now I will ask you to give us the names of all the greys and macaws and maybe share some pictures of your flock with us, we would love to see them.

Well since this is a grey forum I guess I'll start there.

This is Bobby and Maxie the day they came home (Aug 09). They are a breeding pair still settling in.

ngp05.JPG

This is Noki my only Timneh. I'm doing long term foster care on him for a good friend of mine. He and Ella will be with me perhaps for a couple years.

Day0104.JPG

This is Ella. I am so in love with this little girl. I keep telling her owner that I'm going to teach them to swear like a Marine and swill beer so that she won't want them back. I just don't think she's falling for it though.

Day0106.JPG

This is Tutu with my oldest son. Tutu hates women. He's an import and I'm his second home. Even though he hates me, he loves the men in life. Guess Tutu stays.

Billy02.jpg

Now for the macaws.

Sir Sean and Squeak. Breeding pairs of Catalinas. No live hatches but they lay regularly for me.

nb06.jpg

Bobo (plucked and came that way) and Veli a breeding pair of scarlets. Young pair that still wants human interaction. They are still figuring things out.

sn06.jpg

I have another hybrid macaw pair but I can't find the pictures. grrrr The people we got them from lied thru their teeth about the birds. First eggs laid had no shell. They are shut down until I'm sure she's gotton her calcium levels up where they should be. They seem very happy and content to take a break.

Here's Mango, Mia and Sammy. Mango is a 3rd generation hybrid scarlet and a real mammas boy. Mia is a 3 year old female scarlet and she's as sweet as can be. Mango is sweet on her big time. Sammy is about 8 years old and he loves his mamma. He's fixated on barfing in my ear.

np04.jpg

My newest macaw, Cammie, just came home last week and she's also my youngest at 15 months. She's a 2nd generation hybrid macaw commonly called a Camelot. Her coloration however is not common. I'm hoping that Sammy will prefer to barf for her and give my ear a break.

Camtree06.jpg

All of my birds except Cammie are fully flighted. Cammie was clipped before I met her.

Here's a picture of Sammy stretching since he's so unbelievably gorgeous.

stretch06.JPG

I think I got them all.