NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Broccoli Hokey Cokey

JillyBeanz

(to the tune of the hokey cokey - altogether now.....)

You put the broccoli in

He throws the broccoli out

In, out, in, out - he shakes it all about

You put the broccoli back in there and he throws it to the floor - that's what it's all about! HEY!

I have just spent my coffee time, cup in hand, picking up broccoli, putting it back in the bowl, for Harvey to pick the SAME bit of broccoli out of his bowl and throw it to the floor!! He thinks it's hilarious! He was actually bobbing up and down with anticipation of me putting it back in there so he could start all over again! EXASPERATING!!!:laugh:

Does anyone have a recipe for parrot pie!!!! :laugh:

When they toss out the broccoli, tell them thank you... I will need this in the parrot pie recipe. LOL. Of course, my little angel is eating his broccoli... today anyway. LOL. My turn is coming though. It will give everyone time to hone that recipe so mine will turn out well.

I've just found that broccoli is not a unique throwing food! You can do it with scrambled egg too - but scrambled egg is better - it sticks to the French door window behind your playstand and slides down the window, much to Harvey's amusement!!<br><br>Post edited by: JillyBeanz, at: 2009/11/15 11:38

Now I've that that great "Oldie but goody" song stuck in my head. :P

All Greys toss stuff that is not on "Their" crave list for the day. So, if you collect each days tossed items, store them and then offer them another day.

Or, if you get a few dogs like many of us have. They consume all tossed items.

Think green, save our planet... :P

JillyBeanz wrote:

I've just found that broccoli is not a unique throwing food! You can do it with scrambled egg too - but scrambled egg is better - it sticks to the French door window behind your playstand and slides down the window, much to Harvey's amusement!!

Oh Jill, try the following to add to Harvey's amusement:

1. Buy a 42 inch LCD TV.

2. Place it near Harvey's perch.

3. Put some mash or gruel in the food bowl.

4. Watch the new designs on your LCD screen as Harvey plays spray artist .

My brand new Sony LCD T.V. has pellet mash all over the screen !!

I have sat here absolutely killing myself laughing - I've had to go and take a picture of my living room - and the proximity of Harvey and his playstand!! Bean mush cleans beautifully off the screen!!!

15112009307.jpg

Obviously we believe in embracing our fids into the family setting too!!!!

Unbelievable Jill !!!! And the point is I don't think moving the T.V. or the perch is a thought that has entered our heads !!! The things we do for these birds !!

My wife and I are RAOFL !!!!

To complete the story, both my cockatiels use the T.Vs as perches all the time, sitting right above the vent on the top of the screen (maybe because their little bottoms get warmed?). So both my LCD T.Vs are full of cockatiel poop !!!<br><br>Post edited by: ramsabi, at: 2009/11/15 15:54

Janfromboone wrote:

Tobie thows his broccoli out too. More likely to eat it if it's steamed.

Hush your mouth Jan - I've just had to cover Harvey's eyes in case he read your statement!!! :laugh:

Steamed veggies! You spoil him too much!!! Next Tobie will be asking for his pasta al dente! :woohoo:

Gosh, what do we do for these parrots eh!!!