NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

That's where bragging gets you!

JillyBeanz

In live chat a couple of weeks ago I was talking to She about destructive parrots. She was telling me how lucky I was that Harvey hadn't "destroyed" anything. We were talking about door frames, doors, keyboards and anything else easily "getattable" by our beloved babies.

I pride myself on my home - I hated the kids making a mess and so I got me a parrot (why didn't you all stop me)!! Anyway - Harvey doesn't break anything because he's with me all the time he is out and my beady eye is constantly on him......or so I thought!

I've just set the desk up the way I normally do when I'm on the computer - his lovely snuggly blanket, his foot toys, some nibbles, a beer (whoops, no that's mine) and he was quite happily playing along.

I have just turned round and he has bitten the most important key off my two month old mobile phone (therefore my contract has 22 months to run)!!

Moral of the story - easy really - just lie, pretend everything is broken already - or you'll just look like a fool like me!!! So, Sheila - you were quite correct!!!! :laugh:

LOL....Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......errrr I mean really sorry to hear about you phone button Jill. :P

Believe me, nothing is safe...... I bought a new remote for our HD TV due to GKids leaving it where dogs got a hold of it.......Got new one, laid it on the coffee table and before you could say Dayo NooooOooOooOooOOoo.... a button was gone! Wifey was NOT impressed. Course I wasn't either, but I can tell you it can happen in the blink of an eye.

I won't go into ALL the OTHER things that Dayo has left a signature on.......:whistle:

Well, where should I start, first off - the grey's of course have never damaged anything, same for the conure,but the U2 - that's a different story. I need new crown molding in two rooms because of him thanks to LP falling asleep while he was out. My remote for the tv cannot control the volume any longer (same reason as above) and LP has had to replace a Wii remote thanks to Sterling. I guess that's when LP decided that he needed to watch Sterling a little closer...lol.

You all just keep me hopping to try to get ahead of Juno. I heard about the remotes and found an acrylic hinged box to put mine in. My guess is they won't stay in there, but it was a good idea to start out. The day I saw the chat about the door frames, wouldn't you know Java flew right up to ours and I had to chase her with my crooked little wicked stick. I think my next investment will be a miter saw so I will go ahead and start making new door frames. Maybe we could figure out a way to just velcro them in place to put up when we have guests.... LOL.

LOL! I hope you can get the mobile repaired or replaced. This is why I get "bird insurance" on portable devices.

Talula has taken most of the right side of my netbook's keyboard apart. Unlike Phoenix, she left the white scissor mechanism under the key. Pheonix pulls that off, too, and dismantles it.

I know which one used to be a Mario brother.....

JillyBeanz wrote:

Yes, yes, last laugh on me! Thank you for your sympathy all - it's so lovely to know you care!

Jill - You haven't caught on to the fact, that the reason we stay here after becoming "Know it All's", is to laugh at others raising a young Grey for the first time?

It's hilarious and keeps us all laughing and PMing each other in the background 24 - 7. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: