NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Eerie

Debandbella

I have spent the evening listening to Chockos ramblings, shes obviously having a conversation with someone although i cant tell what shes saying except for the "What?" at the end and she repeats her name a lot, she seems to be looking for someone as well as if shes getting flashbacks from her previous home, she was obviously well loved there, its quite heartbreaking really.

Ah Debbie, don't worry, I am sure that Chocko will settle in just nicely and will realise what a great asset you will be to her life.

People don't realise that greys, or indeed any other animal, may be rehomed due to all sorts of different circumstances, not just the fact people can't be bothered with them etc.

I am sure, in time, Chocko will realise that it's all for the best ;)

We do converse but when she goes off on her ramblings she gets tetchy about being disturbed? I brought her out last night and we had a good cuddle and laugh but when i told her it was time for bed and put her back in she asked "why?", shes out at the moment shredding newspaper and hiccuping, i think i need to respect her reminiscing while she settles in.

It is common for them to go through various conversations, sounds and phases in time periods as you are describing.

My Grey does the same when just sitting and were not interacting with him. In fact, sometimes it irritates him if one of us start trying to break into his personal trinitarian conversation he is carrying on between me, myself and I. :-)

I does show that she is becoming very comfortable in her surroundings.

I heard her for the first time this morning shouting at 2 kids in a mans voice, only ever heard a woman before, Augusto says she keeps calling him a name whenever she sees him but shes actually telling him her name. Just come home tonight and she said"Do you want to come out? Come on" I told her its past your bedtime but guess whos got her own way? :unsure: