NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Attention all new Members

Hello and welcome to the family, Carynn, glad you could join us and I know you are going to love it here just like all of us do.

So you have a Tag and he rooms with 3 other parrots, what kind of parrots are the other 3? So Micah loves to hang upside down, my Josey will too but yours must stay that way a lot, I bet it really is entertaining to watch him play that way, I bet he is a real character.

You will find a lot of useful information in the many threads on various topics, just read thru as many as you can. Do not hesitate to ask any specific questions you may have, we will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have a picture of Micah that you would like to share with us we would love to see him and we have an other birds section where you can post some pictures of your other birds if you would like. We aren't picky, we love to see them all.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to the family, IamCTM, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey.

I know that excitement when you have made that purchase and are waiting for your baby to be weaned so you can bring it home. And you are in for a thrill of a lifetime.

Do you have any other parrots or is this your first venture into the world of birds? You certainly came to the right place to learn all about greys and we have some very knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to share what they know with the rest of us.

In the meantime read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any specific questions you may have. We will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of your new baby that you would like to share with us we would love to see him, we especially love looking at the babies.:P<br><br>Post edited by: judygram, at: 2008/01/09 01:33

Welcome carynn and IamCTM!!!

Sorry for the late entry here, but I just wanted to say hi to you both. :-)

As Judy has indicated, we love our Greys and also those of the others members here. We're just a big family that love to share our Greys tales, photos and videos with each other and help when anyone here needs it.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your Greys and seeing some photos!!:woohoo:

Hello,

I am a new member, I have an African Grey - Congo named Gus who is 4 months old. I also have a Goffin Cockatoo 13 yrs old named Peaches.

I am wondering if anyone can point me in a direction for a pattern to build a plexiglass/wire cage for traveling. We go camping and want to take the birds with us in our trailer. Currently I use a wire dog crate for small dogs for my goffin, but its not the best as far as bar spacing. Size is good, but wires are to far spaced to get good foot traction on. I need to find something that the wire gage is thick enough for the grey but the cage size for travel is about 23x19x19ish... all the smaller cages seem to be fine gage wire. Any leads out there?

Thanks!

Well as you all know I'm pretty new.

I live in the united states with with my husband whom I have been married to less then year, very close to year. Worked with animals since I first started to work, and fell in love with parrots by working at my first jobs at pet stores. Always fell in love with African greys, and the cockatoo's the most, because they showed such personality, however like almost all parrots though. Growing up I was scared of birds due to variety of them attacking me, being able to work with them I picked up on their behavior and now I can hardly find one that does not like me. As little girl I dreamed of working at zoo, taking care of animals. Right now I work at vet clinic as kennel attendant, and am pretty happy with that.

Soon I will be moving into a house,which I am very excited about.

Have several animals.

Two parrots, cat, three lizards, tortoise, turtle, frog, and my 4year old fish.

My African grey I have had over year now, she will be two in May. Her name is Evening Star and she is a girl. Hand fed her when she was small little thing and we are very close. She says all kinds of things, including her name and "don't eat me ", "love you", and "thank you" and many more.

My other parrot is Quaker. His name is Chip and is believed to be boy, not sure though. He boarded at my work, which we don't normally have birds at all, so he was in the cat room. Poor chip! lol ... His owner did not want him anymore due to lack of time, husband did not like him, and other reasons, I took him in because at work I was the one in charge of taking care of him, and I was thinking of adopting a parrot. He does not like men.

My newest addition is my cat Grinch, who is about 9yrs old, he has dental issues. other then that happy kitty and has to be on soft foods only. Got him from my work as well, had had been there over a year.

My passion is animals, helping them any way I can. Might be fostering another cat that has diabetes.

Other things I enjoy is movies, books, computer/video games, scrape booking, fencing, history, and going to new places. Sorry to write so much.

And hello to everyone!!!!!B)

Hello and welcome to the family, Vaya_the_elf, glad you could join us although you have posted in several threads already, jumping right in there.

What a wonderful introduction, you have told us a lot about yourself so don't be sorry about that, we love hearing all about the new members, makes us feel like we really know you now.

You are an animal lover, you have quite the little zoo going on with all those different pets and you work for a vet clinic, you have the best of both worlds.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask us any specific questions you may have. we will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Evening Star you would like to share with us we would love to see her.

Hello all,

I am a 21 year old female who is a senior in college. My major is Biology with a minor in History. I have always been raised with birds and love how they each or perfect in their own imperfections. Now that I am out on my own and have left the comforts of my parents house I have decided to purchase a TAG. I found a breeder online who is somewhat close and has been very helpful! She sends me pictures everyweek of my little baby. I have decided to name her Midnight. I know not very original but I think it fits. She will be coming home the first week of March, which also happens to be my birthday! What a wonderful present to myself :0) I have posted numerous pictures of her already and look forward to getting to know each of you along with your feathered friend! Thanks for being so welcoming!

Hello and welcome to the family, Kllorio, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey.

I like the name Midnight and do you already know that it is a female, you refer to it as she. What a wonderful birthday present to yourself, a Tag coming home the first week of March.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask specific questions you may have. We will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Midnight that you would like to share with us we would love to see her.

Thanks for the welcome. Midnight has been sexed, and we do indeed know she is a girl. A girl with plenty of attitude already from what the breeder tells me ;) I have pictures of her on my profile, 9-10 I think. Let me know what you guys think of her...

• 3 weeks later...

:) {Feel-good-00020114}

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I am so glad that I found you all. I am a new mommy to a Congo African Grey. Her name is Nittles Bird. We LOVE her. She is going to be 5 months old on Feb 10. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions as I want to make sure I do everything I can for her. So here goes....

When we first got her, she was loving her fruits and veggies, however lately she seems to eat mostly her seed mixed with pellets. She is a very picky eater and her Pet Store Mom said she was like that when she was a baby. Does anyone have any yummy suggestions? Her favorites now are jalepeno's and eggs, but like I said that comes and goes.

Sorry this is a book.

Thanks

Welcome gbdb_kcb !!!

They love Peppers!! You hit a hot button on your new baby Grey there. :-)

Offer veggies first thing in the morning when they are the hungriest. Take out the seed and pellet mix. Try different veggies in different ways. Some like them raw, others like them cooked. The key is to just keep offering them and they will start eating over time.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos when you get a chance.

Hello Gbdb_kcb and welcome to the family, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Nittles. Now how did you come up with that name, it is an unusual name?

I can relate to being a new mommy to a grey, you want to do everything right and I hear ya, you love her unconditionaly and that is the most important in my book.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask specific questions you may have. We do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Nittles you would like to share with us we would love to see her.:)