NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

orange foot?

harmar

Hi I noticed last night that sashas one foot is a bit orange, almost like it stepped in something, The black scale part it still black, but the skin that seperates the black bumpy parts has orange tinge to it.

The other foot looks normal.

I tried washing his foot and giving it a bath but still orange.

He still acting just like he always does, poops the same, so not sure what it could be,

I know people skin can turn an orange tinge if they eat too many carrots.. I feed sasha about 1.5 baby carrots a day, don't know if that would be enough.

Guest jamalbirdbiz

u R probably guezzing right. mayB lay off the carrotz 4 a while and C what happens. lettuce all know the outcome. :evil: orange bird feet sound pretty cool. B)

I'm thinking he stepped in something...as others here have already said if it was the carrots, the discoloration would be all over and not just one foot.

On a personal note, my grey currently has a blue foot. Haha...He stepped in some of his poo after having quite a few purple Zupreem pellets and it stained his scales blue on one foot.

Actually, I noticed this happened to our grey a couple of weeks ago as well. He eats carrots too, and hasn't been acting any different than usual. Looking at his foot now the orange is gone (it looks a little lighter than his other foot but I don't see a reason to be concerned about it) and he's still as silly and happy as ever. My guess is it's probably just stained from holding the carrots. I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)