NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Are herbs ok?

sandienc

Guest Lidia

Yes, they're fine, but you have to be sure there are no additives in them. You would be better off using the fresh versions and just washing them thoroughly.

Yes herbs make great foraging greens. I tie mint and basil up for my birds and they have fun ripping it all up. I pile plentiful herbs in a big bowl with nuts and peas and noodles hidden underneath and they dig and chew and play for ages. A good thing to do when I have to put them in their cage for a while if I am going out.

Guest Monique

I think that any type of herb we eat is probably safe for our Greys. I don't generally give mine plain herbs but they definitely get plenty of herbs and spices because they often get a small serving of our food ... depending on what it is.

Guest Lidia

birdgranna wrote:

I pile plentiful herbs in a big bowl with nuts and peas and noodles hidden underneath and they dig and chew and play for ages. A good thing to do when I have to put them in their cage for a while if I am going out.

What an absolutely brilliant idea, I am going to give that a try! Karma for you!