NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Approximately when does a CAG reach full size?

particle77

Ok, so several people have now asked me if Earl will get much bigger, and I've been saying he would, but I'm not entirely sure.

He is 16 weeks old and fledged at 12 weeks. He's currently small for a CAG, which is why I've been indicating I thought he'd still grow more. But at 375 grams, I guess he's at the very bottom range of what a full grown CAG might weigh.

It doesn't really matter to me, but since people keep asking... At what age can I expect that he's probably not going to grow much more?

Anyway, I searched around and there are great posts on psychological development time frames, but I don't see any on physical development(maybe I missed it).

I should have asked the vet last week, but it slipped my mind, and we won't be back until next month.<br><br>Post edited by: particle77, at: 2009/11/02 22:49

Earl is probably at the weight he is going to stay, they grow quickly from a chick and at 375 grams he certainly is within the normal range. Josey weighs around 425 but there are some greys who weigh over 600 grams, it just depends on the body frame. Some greys are small boned and some large and the rest fall in between.

The weight itself doesn't matter as much as whether it fluctuates a lot and the only way to get that is to weigh him every day for a while to get his average and then weigh every week to keep check of it.