NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pooping Outside the Cage

Guest Monique

Guest Monique

My Sun Conure is really getting on my nerves. She sits at the top of the cage, clinging to the cage bars and poops - which then the poop flies outside of her cage, splashes onto her skirt (sometimes) and then onto the floor. It is SO unsightly and when she does it when we are not home it is a BEAR to clean up! :angry:

Has anyone had luck stopping this behavior with any bird? We did try putting some stuff up in her cage in some of her favorite spots to hang out and poop and that does not work.

If she keeps it up we may be having exotic foul for a feast at the next full moon!!!

Sorry that is one of the many things birds do. Some are worse about it then others. I have been lucky so far but out at the farm where I work many of the birds do that. Those Caiques and Conure seem to be the worse. Got a couple macaws that are bad about that too.

All you can do is clean it up. ;)

PS Oh my friend keeps plastic under her cages you can use a shower curtain a cheep one and pick up and toss in wash. Get two one to put down as soon as one comes up.<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/07/21 17:58

Guest Monique

Oh it just ticks me off. This is the only bird we've ever had that does this and it is just a nasty habit. Yes, I know all birds will do this on occasion, but I swear for her it is like target practice or some obsession. I don't even need newspaper in her cage some days!! Crazy crazy bird!

INCREDIINSERTIMAGE15.gif

So sorry but I just had to laugh. I can just see your bird planing the next poop. Which direction and seeing if she can hit that chair across the room.

Oh hun I know it can be upsetting my budgies seem to do the same thing with their seed. Lets see how far we can throw it today.

{Feel-good-0002006E}

Talon wrote:

I put plastic office chair mats under Talons cage or play area. It makes clean up quick & easy. :)

Yep, I just got Gina's put in today. I used to have to keep newspaper around her cage because she walks along the top of it, then just picks a spot to drop one on the carpet :pinch: When it gets dirty, take it outside and hose it off ;)

Guest Monique

A plastic mat is a good idea. Not unsightly either.

I also decided that if we eat her instead of foul we'll definitely have to figure out how to incorporate her into some Poupon Mustard.

I know that's terribly punny ... but I just couldn't resist :D.

Monique wrote:

A plastic mat is a good idea. Not unsightly either.

I also decided that if we eat her instead of foul we'll definitely have to figure out how to incorporate her into some Poupon Mustard.

I know that's terribly punny ... but I just couldn't resist :D.

woot_jump.gif965f6bc1c93e765120747c410a928e15.gif<br><br>Post edited by: Number6, at: 2007/07/22 19:37