NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The bully: Updated

Talon

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, thought I would post an update. It has been 3 weeks since I brought Nilah home. Rikki obviously was very jealous, as I am HER spoken one, and Nilah prefers me as well. Things are finally settling in. They have all figured out their place. Although they are all out at the same time, they all get their own special time with me, as well as all 3 hanging out on me. One on my shoulder, one on my arm, and one usually resting on me or my laptop. I am very careful to ALWAYS single each one out when ever I am talking to them.

I definitely feel like I am running a birdie day care!! But is is fun and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I also think Rikki is getting a bit hormonal. She is 4, she spends the first 2-3 hours in the am after breakfast at the table being disruptive, flying, being a little terror, but then she settles down and becomes that cute angel she can be. :blink:

I have had to buy Fake feathered birds and taped them over all my doorways.....it keeps Rikki away...But the decor is hilarious!!

I will post an update on Nilah in my other thread about her.

B)<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2009/11/14 16:35

Well I knew you would figure a way to make it work, glad to hear it is working out for you and your fids, yes they can be a pain in the keister but it is well worth it.

I bet that is a sight to see those fake birds there on your doorways but hey if it works then who cares.:laugh:

What a GreYt job you have done in getting the flock to become a flock that respects each other and their respective space.

You need to have Melissa take photo of all hanging out with you. :-)

You must post photos of your latest home decor. I am positive it will start the latest fad. Millions of people all around the world will soon have stuffed birdies hanging everywhere. :P

Thanks for the update Penny!

Okay, here it is, by request only! Of course you have to picture almost every door in my house has one of these hanging from it. I have 10 so far...if she discovers the other doors that are not guarded by these birds....I'm back off to the store again! :pinch: :pinch:

FIRST THE CULPRIT: RIKKI

rikkitheculprit.jpg

Next a few pictures: Keep in mind, that this is the latest in fashion for Bird Owners

everywhere.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fakebird2.jpg

fakebird1.jpg

fakebird3.jpg

This is just too rich. And all I could think of was a plastic owl on a stick to keep mine down from the door frames and it means I have to get up every time. If my time comes to step up the door frame patrols, I will need to call your decorator. LOL. Now when I conjure up the idea of a dotty ole bird lady, it is going to have those frame protectors above my head. Thanks for the good chuckle. Good luck with socializing your flock.

LOL, that is so funny glad you solved it.

Just remember to take them down when visitors come, then again maybe not you could start a new trend.

I had pillows up once all along the curtains to stop them flying up there. Had visitors over for dinner and forgot to take them down. The weird thing was no one said anything the whole evening. It wasn't until the next day that I realised and I was mortified.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,I just wanted to update you on Rikki's behavior. She finally seems to be settled in and adjusted to Nilah being here. She has stopped her disruptive behavior. She is no longer going after my doors, but I am leaving my pretty decor for a while more just to be sure. Rikki will perch on my shoulder when I am watching tv and cuddle with me as she used to while Nilah is getting her cuddles with my other hand. At night, I sit on the couch, with my laptop, or to watch tv all the while, a kitten snuggled up next to my feet, my dog laying next to me, Talon perched on my knee or laptop, Nilah on one arm and Rikki on the other. :blink: :S :pinch:

Thats so nice that she has settled down now and stopped the disruptive behavior, she just needed some time to adjust to the new addition to the flock.

A picture of you on the couch with all them would be worth a thousand words, how about it Penny, get Melissa to take a picture and share with us, how about it, hmm.