NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Switching cages?

Talon

Hi everyone, I am in need of advice. as most of you know, I have a new family member, a yellow nape amazon. She is in Rikki's old cage that came with Rikki. It is much too small for her. Talon has a sleep cage that is bigger that she has had since she was 9 weeks old.

I am wondering how upsetting it would be to switch cages for Talon. She has had quite an adjustment with the third bird already. Don't want her to feel put out anymore than she already does.....:(

What do you guys think, should I switch cages or just buy Nilah a bigger one?

I know mine was different circumstances really but when I got George a year ago now he had two different houses a new cage and completely new toys all in about 4 weeks and he was fine with it .I had no problems with him at all. I dont know if I was just lucky with all the upheavel or just the fact that he adjusted really well !

Well, I DID IT! I just ordered a new cage for Nilah. The cage she is in now is Rikki's old cage prior to me having her. It is too small for them, it is 22 x 24. Nilah has a hard time moving around. I bought the largest one I could fit in the only space she has 36 x 28. That should be better. I will post pictures when I get it and build it...:S