NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

weening

Guest jamalbirdbiz

It is not impossible to become unweaned. I was talking to my breeder who was telling me that someones cag flew away and wen it came back it was very hungry as it had went unfeed for a few days so she advised that the lady feed it fomula again for a day or two to build him up.. she told her twice a day but the lady done it 3 times a day and then ended up having to wean it down to two and so on all over again.

"""It is not impossible to become unweaned. """"

You can give a bird anything that it will take, even formula --even in a very adult bird. That doesn't mean that it has become *unweaned*

Weaning is the process of feeding a baby bird formula until it becomes old enough to want to start eating the proper foods for it's age. Formula has nothing to do with building up strength after missing food for a few days. Formula is used because a baby bird's digestive system will only accept fortified formula. It works on the exact same principle as formula for human babies.

Lots of birds go without food for a few days. That doesn't mean it has to be given formula again. The only thing that's necessary for a bird that hasn't eaten in a few days is some food that it normally eats.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/10/29 21:14

Guest jamalbirdbiz

im going to put the rewean on the back burner for now :evil: but never say never. B) it will be an intresting x with the birdz. :)<br><br>Post edited by: jamalbirdbiz, at: 2009/10/31 18:01