NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird diapers anyone??? lol

Georgiesmum

Guest jamalbirdbiz

i tried making some for my birds, but they kept rippping them off. :evil: shredding them off is more like it. :evil: tell me when u find somthing that works.

Guest jamalbirdbiz

minez all ready have those thingies. Marvin grey has a tux and Molly May has a cotton candy one. i would just like diaperz to be worn around the house. theys only ware their suitz when lowriding and wehn company come over and marvin grey wares his when molly starts plucking on him. :evil:

I agree potty training is great, and around my apartment I have no use for such a contraption.

That said, I make a point to make sure Earl gets to spend at least 45 minutes somewhere outside my apartment every day. When the temperature is warm thats easy, but when its colder we have to find other indoor places to explore, and those choices are limited. As such I considered a flight suit to open up additional places to explore.

Unfortunately, I don't like the design of the flight suits. In particular I was very concerned to discover that the leash attaches to the suit with velcro, which I don't consider secure.

So at this time we just stick to the feather tether, and explore the places that don't mind an occasional accident.

That said, if a safe product came out, which worked, and which Earl didn't mind wearing. I'd certainly consider it to open up new possibilities for him.<br><br>Post edited by: particle77, at: 2009/10/30 02:44

I'm one of those who has managed this art (well, not me personally - Harvey!) I was lucky - Harvey learned fairly quickly that he should only poop on his playstand. The only time we have "accidents" is when I am in the study, talking to you lot and he's on top of the door and won't budge (he's as nosy as me)!

It's totally worth the effort - but I can't say I have ever even considered nappies for a bird - too weird for me!!!! ;)

Guest jamalbirdbiz

No matter how weird bird nappies may sound to some. I am still going to keep working on making a suit able nappie for my birdz. my birdz are both older RezQz so wez must be resourcefull. and keep on working together. B) to find a fix for this issue. B)

JillyBeanz wrote:

I'm one of those who has managed this art (well, not me personally - Harvey!)

Jill, we'll teach you how to use the potty if you want to learn...lol.

While I haven't been able to get Dixie to master going only in one spot, I have been working on it with her. It's just like working with them to wear their harness - consistency, patience, and time. You don't force the harness I assume, so taking the time to learn to toilet in one area should be an accomplishment you will succeed at.

What a great idea Jan.

I've found that with Sterling he lets me know when he's got to poo, so I just lean backward and he does his business and hits the ground. Dixie, her wiggle is a definite sign and she steps up easily from my shoulder and does her thing. Beau, well he's still a baby, hasn't got much time between body movement and letting it go. Blue poos before he takes off flying fortunately.

I recommend Charmin Ultra Soft afterward. True, Scott has more to the roll but in cases like this, better to use quality over quantity. You'll feel so much better afterward when you hear the bird's distinct chirp of satisfaction. Diapers really can't satisfy that need. After all, what bird would not want that softness. It'll get to the point where they will definitely tell you that it's *time*. They'll hold it in until you respond.

Withcardboard-2.jpg

Ha Ha Ha! I am sitting here crying for your poor, poor babies Dave - you mention Charmin ultra soft - but if you were any kind of good parront surely it would be the Charmin ultrasoft, infused with Aloe Gel!!!!

As you say - it is sometimes 7 or 8 hours before I allow myself to give the "go poop" command - I'm hoping to extend this to possibly 5 or 6 days at a time to help with the cleaning process!!

That is some bird room you have there Dave - I presume a couple of Valium a day does the trick to get you through!!! :laugh:

Karma to you my mate for giving me the giggles for the past 15 minutes!!!

I have just looked at the parrot diaper links, and it's gave me a giggling fit, they look so cool. I think they are a great idea, but i don't think my two boys would let me anywhere near them with one. They won't even let me go near them with their harness. lol