NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Flightsuits and greys

TinyTimneh

Anyone actually successful in getting their grey to wear a flightsuit/bird diaper?

I'm really looking forward to letting Jacko and Sully the cockatiel out and about to fly around in the house---envisioning many hanging gyms and whatnot. I've had no luck potty training Sully and Jacko is hit and miss.

I don't want poop all over the place.

Also, can an aviator harness fit over the bird diapers? I would love to take them out and about without getting parrot poop all over my shoulder too and I do NOT trust those flimsy leashes that attach with velcro and little tiny rings.

There's many people who are successful in putting diapers on their bird. Whether they're still using them, well I don't know.

"""Also, can an aviator harness fit over the bird diapers?"""

In all the years since the aviator harness been out on the market, you're the first person that has asked that question. My opinion is no it can't. Most birds don't like flying with diapers on them because the huge majority of feathers that are covered by diapers are needed for flight, not just the wings.

If you don't want fecal matter on your shoulders but you wanna take your birds out to fly, just keep your birds off your shoulders.

In your home, if you had a bird that sat on your shoulder and decided to constantly bite your earlobes or clothing or break jewelry or pull at your hair or nibble on your neck, would you still allow that bird on your shoulder?