NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird on back

Jane08

I play this game with Rangi where he hangs from something upside down and I tiggle him under the wings and hold his back. Anyway in the last 2 days he just decided to let go with his feet and beak and to both our surprise rest on his back in my hand.

Now the first time we both freaked a bit and he tried to flap his wings, which of course didn't work as he was on his back in my hand. I nearly dropped him, luckily he rolled off and was able to fly away. I feel very vulnerable when he does this and I don't really like it, but he has insisted on doing it for the last couple of days.

The question is how do you get them back up if they are on their backs in your hand?

My boyfriend said offer my other hand for him to grab with his beak and right himself. Well tried that and he nearly took my finger off. Any other ideas?

Dixie has started trusting me enough to lay on her back in my hand. This is something we are purposefully working on. While she has not "let go" of my fingers yet, she does like to lay there for a few seconds. Today she purposely hung upside down and I cradled her in my arm, still holding my fingers of course, but it was nice holding "my baby" so close. I suggest you keep your other hand close by so Rangi can grasp your fingers with his feet and right himself.