NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Wrinkles and Crinkles

Guest Lidia

Guest Lidia

I was looking at Joshua's lovely face this morning when I began to wonder do bare-faced parrots (like our AGs) get laughter lines and wrinkles and crinkles around their eyes as they grow older? I think it would be adorable if their faces got progressively more droopy, like our own. I suppose they don't, but does anyone know for sure?

{Characters-0002007C}<br><br>Post edited by: Lidia, at: 2007/07/20 15:07

Guest Lidia

Tari wrote:

a retired 70 plus blue and gold macaw she is very crinkled and have arthritis.

Tari, I like the sound of the crinkled skin, she must be gorgeous. I am sorry to hear she has arthritis though. How does that manifest in parrots?

CD: He's only 18 years old! Barely an adult! I have wrinkles and crinkles, though.

Sorry Im really not sure. She has it in her feet and I think her jaw cause her beak never closes anymore.

Her color is very off too. The blue part is more green these days.

But she seems happy. Eats better then most of the birds out there.

The last issue of Bird Talk I got devoted much of the issue to senior birds. Arthritis in the feet and wings was something most birds get when they get old :(. There was a picture of an old scarlet macaw, and she was really wrinkly and crinkly. It made her look quite wise :).

I am proof that wrinkly and crinkly does not automatically make you wise, but that macaw in Bird Talk did look very wise. Too bad when Josey gets old and wrinkly and crinkly I will be long gone, will not get to see it, wouldn't want to see it for that matter.

:( :( :(