NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

can she stop making some noises

Tigerlily

hi. at the moment tigerlily is very annoying with some sounds she makes.

sounds like a child screeming, beeping and clicking all of which are noises she's picked up and as usual doing them twice as loud.

i dont think its behavioural as she does it in and out her cage and when shes quite relaxed. they are just like other noises and words but very loud and annoying.

she doesn't do it for long enough for me to walk out the room on her.

is there a way i can stop her from making specific noises or am i just gonna have to grin and bear it

thanks

Grin and bear it - Tigerlily is happy with the noises she's making and is going to continue making them. Don't respond to the noises is one way I've read of dealing with them. I'm sure she will find another annoying noise to make at another point in time for you to have to learn to live with...lol.

Robin is right, you pretty much have to ignore the loud noises for when you share your home with a bird or birds you have to be able to put up with some noise, some birds are louder than others but usually greys are some of the quieter birds.

I don't know how old your grey is but she might just be going thru a phase right now, some do and they can be quite annoying but it usually subsides with a little time. Why don't you give it some time and see if it gets any better.

I agree with the others, you're best bet is to ignore those noises, and hope they go away, but realize that they may not. At the same time, if she has some sounds that don't annoy you, you can make an effort to give her additional attention when you hear her making those noises, in the hopes that she will develop a preference for those less annoying sounds.